Jonathan Majors Will Not Testify in Trial; Closing Arguments to Begin

Jonathan Majors Will Not Testify in Trial; Closing Arguments to Begin

Movies, News

Jonathan Majors will not testify in the ongoing trial for his alleged assault against his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. The defense rested Wednesday afternoon and no further witnesses will be called.

Priya Chaudhry and Seth Zuckerman, Majors’ attorneys, only called two witnesses to the stand on Wednesday and rested their case in the late afternoon. Closing arguments are set to begin Thursday morning. After that, the jury will begin deliberating. A verdict could be reached as early as Friday or, more likely, early next week.

Jabbari has alleged that Majors assaulted her in the backseat of a car on March 25. She testified last week that she saw a text message on Majors’ phone from another woman that read, “Wish I was kissing you right now.” She said that she took the phone out of his hands to see who sent the message and he forcefully retrieved it. Jabbari said this caused bruising, swelling and “excruciating” pain and she had a fractured finger and a cut behind her ear.

Naveed Sarwar, the driver of the car, testified on Monday and said that he heard Majors and Jabbari arguing in the backseat. He said that Majors opened the car door trying to get rid of Jabbari and the actor was saying “Leave me alone. I want to go. I have to go.” Sarwar testified that Majors was “not doing anything, [Jabbari] was doing everything.”

On Wednesday, the defense called Tammy Weiner, an emergency medical attending physician speaking as a medical expert, and Majors’ talent agent Elan Ruspoli, a partner at William Morris Endeavor.

Source

Leave a Reply