Netflix’s content libraries vary depending on your location, which is no secret. However, VPN users may encounter issues if the streaming platform blocks VPN traffic. While Netflix’s VPN ban won’t result in account termination, it does restrict access to region-specific shows and movies.
The challenge lies in evading detection and blocking by subpar VPN services. Therefore, it is crucial to utilize reliable VPNs that have been thoroughly tested and proven to work with Netflix. Opt for VPNs with multiple servers, excellent speeds, and additional features to bypass VPN detection and even share passwords.
How to bypass VPN geoblocks on Netflix?
Bypassing Netflix geoblocks may not require complex manipulations. If you use a good VPN for Netflix, you will get a stable and reliable streaming connection. One of those Netflix VPNs that works well with the service is VeePN. It has 2500+ servers, many of which unblock a library of Netflix and other services. If you have additional difficulties, try the following methods.
#1 Change VPN Protocol
To bypass VPN blocks on Netflix, you can change the VPN protocol. Switching to a different protocol, like OpenVPN or L2TP/IPsec, can help. Here’s how:
- Open your VPN client or app, and go to the settings or options menu.
- Look for the protocol section and choose a different protocol from the dropdown menu.
- Save the changes and reconnect to the VPN.
If you encounter issues with your current VPN protocol, try switching to a different one, such as IKEv2, to bypass Netflix VPN blocks. Some VPN providers can even automatically switch to the best protocol for your device and location.
#2 Change Server
To bypass Netflix VPN blocks effectively, switch to a different server. If the server you’re currently using is blacklisted, it won’t work, regardless of your efforts. Log in to your VPN account, and select a new server location, ideally in a country where Netflix is available. Switching servers also helps change Netflix regions, giving you access to different content libraries. If unsure which server to choose, reach out to your VPN provider’s customer support for guidance.
After selecting a new server, connect to it and attempt accessing Netflix again. If it still doesn’t work, consider repeating the process using a different server until you find a functional one.
#3 Clear cookies & caches
Make sure to remove your prior location information from your browser before connecting to the Netflix servers. This information is typically stored in cache and cookies, so clearing them is the best course of action. Only then use VPN Chrome to change your location. Here’s how to remove cookies and cache in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots button at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select More Tools, and then choose Clear browsing data.
- In the drop-down menu, select All Time.
- Make sure to mark Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Finally, click on Clear Data to remove the selected items.
#4 Disable IPv6
To prevent the Netflix proxy error and potential IP address leakage, you should disable IPv6 on your device. Follow these steps:
- Open your device’s settings and navigate to the network or internet section.
- Locate the option to manage network connections and select it.
- Find the IPv6 option and deactivate it.
If you encounter the Netflix VPN block while using a VPN, disabling IPv6 on your device can be a solution. Netflix can bypass VPNs using the newer internet protocol IPv6, which exposes your actual IP address. By disabling IPv6, your device will only utilize IPv4, ensuring compatibility with VPNs.
#5 Use a Smart DNS
Using a smart DNS service allows you to bypass geo-restrictions without the need for a VPN. It operates by changing your DNS server to one located in a different country. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a smart DNS service and follow the provided setup instructions.
- Update your device’s DNS settings with the ones provided by the smart DNS service.
- Connect to Netflix and enjoy the desired content.
A smart DNS service functions by altering your device’s DNS settings, and redirecting your traffic through a server in another country. This enables access to Netflix content not available in your region, without encrypting your traffic like a VPN.
Do not hesitate to contact the technical support of your VPN. If you have difficulty bypassing blocking, we will help you. Of course, provided that you have a VPN from a good provider with 24/7 support. In 98% of cases, you will not have to ask for help, because the measures listed are enough to bypass blocking.